The quantity of emitted greenhouse gases is the top indicator for measuring progress towards achieving the climate objectives. Nevertheless, recording and designation are still lacking in many places.
However, this is fundamental in order to head in the right direction in the regional energy transition. Only with the necessary transparency and analysis can the right climate protection measures be implemented efficiently.
The Ministry of Energy in Schleswig-Holstein takes this path in a consistent, digital and standardised way for all municipalities. The project was implemented together with HanseWerk AG.
“An important tool in driving forward climate protection in municipalities over the long term”
Energy Transition Minister Jan Philipp Albrecht
MT GREENHOUSE GAS REDUCTION SINCE 1990
YEARS OF BASIS DATA/TIME SERIES
- 6 months until going live for MELUND
- BISKO and GPC-compliant CO2 balancing
- Recording of regional climate protection measures
- Real-time CO2 emissions (instead of 3-year-old data)
- Simulation of climate protection measures for CO2 development (objective achievement)
- Public version and dialogue area
- Mapping of municipality structures (municipalities, cities, counties, administrative districts and state)
- Automatic reporting
- State-wide, standardised and understandable CO2 balancing
- Free provision by the state to all municipalities in Schleswig-Holstein
- Dialogue platform for regional energy transition
- “Prime example” of necessary and very good collaboration between municipalities and energy providers
Big data becomes smart data
This energy portal is part of the complete digital ecosystem for planning and simulating complete decarbonisation.